Thursday, September 26, 2013

Homework 7

Use of Animation in the Blender Game Engine


In this assignment, I created a building that had a door with the ability to open when an object comes near to it. I decided to experiment with this feature because in my teams game, our character will be going from building to building to get to particular puzzles and task that she must complete. Those buildings of course are going to require doors that will need to open when she gets near. I created a door in another file (my_door.blend) with animations and an actuator that causes the door to open. I linked this file into the my_building.blend and I tried to make it a proxy but I lost my animation so I returned it back to a simply linked object. I also parented the door to the building. For now my character is a purple cylinder that move back and forth with the directional arrows. 

Link to Blender Objects: click here

No comments:

Post a Comment