Thursday, September 19, 2013

Homework 5

Using the Blender Game Engine


During our last group meeting, my team and I discussed various directions that our game could possibly go in. We came to the conclusion that our game needed to have some type of incentives and obstacles since it is a platform game and majority of these types of game have those items. We brainstormed some ideas and I decided to incorporate some into this assignment.

I used the city setting objects I previously created as the backdrop. I added coins to the stoop that the character could potentially jump up and retrieve using the Logic Editor I was able to have them rotate with the Motion Actuator. I also created some pointed objects that fall from the sky that could potentially "kill" the character. These were made with a cone rotated and scaled down. For these objects I used the physics option and the logic editor to apply force in the z-direction to slow down the speed of the objects. Lastly, I altered a cylinder to move about the area with the keyboard arrows to imitate a character moving about the scene.

I hope that we will be able to incorporate these obstacles and incentives or at least cause the group to brainstorm other potential objects!

No comments:

Post a Comment